Pryv.io Single-node to Cluster extension
This guide describes how to migrate a single-node installation from a source machine to multiple dest machines in a cluster setup.
Table of contents
- (Optional) Create user(s) with specific data on source for post-migration verification
- Adapt platform parameters
- Migrate register master
- Replace config by cluster
- Migrate user data to core machine
(Optional) Create user(s) with specific data on source for post-migration verification
Generate a few events and streams by hand for a naked eye comparison for data transferred after the migration.
Adapt platform parameters
Fetch cluster configuration files for the same version here. Extract them, and edit the
platform.yml for versions prior to 1.7).
The difference between a single and cluster lies in the “Machines and platform settings” section.
Set the IP addresses for the new machines, leave unused ones as-is:
Set the IP address of the machine where core data will be migrated to
HOSTINGS_PROVIDERSdata if needed
You can overwrite the other sections with the ones from your
Migrate register master
- Perform the register migration for the reg-master machine
Replace config by cluster
- On dest reg-master, download and untar config files for a cluster deployment of same version
- Replace or copy the
config-leader/conf/platform.ymlfile with the one you prepared earlier
- Copy the SSL certificates from
config-leader/data/singlenode/nginx/conf/secret/to each new
- On dest reg-master run:
Migrate user data to core machine
- Perform the core migration